The tap water contains the contents of chemicals and minerals. If the water supplying appliances remain in the dry state for some time, then the magnesium and calcium out of all the chemicals and minerals start to combine. The bonding of calcium and magnesium solidify and create the limescale. We all are well aware of the problems of limescale and hard water. So, here is the guide for how to solve the limescale and hard water problems. If you are living in the area of hard water supplies, then there are most likely chances of white crust formation on the surface of utensils. How could you check by yourself the limescale and hard water? Here are the methods by which you can easily test the limescale and hard water.
There are many things which point towards the presence of limescale in your tap water, such as:
- Formation of a solid white crust on the surface of kettles and tap
- If your water appliances start to damage then this due to limescale
- The rise in heating bills is also a sign that there is limescale
Testing hard water
You can check whether the tap water is hard water or soft water by performing the steps mentioned below:
- If you have a liquid dish washing soap, then you can easily check hard water. If not, we suggest you arrange for it.
- After arranging a liquid dishwasher, take an empty water bottle and fill it to about 8 to 10 ounces.
- Add ten drops of the liquid dishwasher to the amount mentioned above of water and shake it well by covering it with a water bottle cap.
- The instant formation of soap in the bottle is a sign that water is not hard. But if it takes a lot of time and forms a curd-like material, then it is a confirmation that it’s hard water.
Now let’s jump to how to solve limescale and hard water problems.
Treatment for limescale and hard water problems
Lemon juice and malt vinegar
The small items such as the tap fixtures and utensils get covered with the white crust material because of the limescale. You can remove limescale by cleaning it with the lemon juice and malt vinegar. It will instantly clean up the point from the limescale, where you will apply the solution. It is one of the instant solutions but not so useful in the long run. Because of hard water and limescale, the white crust starts to show again after some days.
White vinegar and baking soda
Prepare a paste comprising of baking soda and white vinegar. Take 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 cup of baking soda and mix them to make the paste. Apply the paste on the places you want to remove the limescale and leave it for 30 minutes. After half an hour use nylon bristles to scrub the stubborn stains. In the end, use a clean towel to clean the surface. Although it solves the limescale problem instantly but again, it is a temporary solution, and you have to repeat it after regular intervals of days.
Electronic water softener
In today’s busy world, we do not have time to clean surfaces by using the methods mentioned above. So, technology has made innovation by providing us with electronic water softener. If the hard water problem solves by using the electronic water softener, then limescale will also get eliminated.
If you have the limescale problem in Ireland, then contact Nature’s water LTDhttps://natureswater.ie/. We provide electronic water softener and filtercal limescale systems to solve the limescale problems. We resolve Irish water treatment issues with the latest pieces of equipment and safe methods. We provide high-quality water analysis and treatment. Boiling water alone is not enough, so filter water and filter your body from various diseases. We provide the best installation of Distillation and reverse osmosis filtration. Contact Us: email@example.com