Humans of the 22nd century are more health-conscious, and while opting for innovation, we consider the health factor as paramount. Therefore, water Purification is also a priority of every family. The main aim of water purification is to remove undesirable chemicals and biological contaminants. Due to the industrial revolution, our generation is also struggling with the mixing of some harmful chemicals with water. But luckily, we have a lot of treatment systems available in the market now. In this article, we mainly focus on UV filters useful for tap water filtration. But before that, here is a quick view of various ways used for water filtration.
There are different ways to purify water. The following are the conventional methods of purification:
The simplest and safest way to clean water is to boil it. But if the water is being contaminated on a chemical level, then a robust treatment system is required. We should also make it a habit to boil water before consuming it.
Iodine solution and other tablets
There are some tablets and iodine solutions available to purify water at home. The only concern is that it takes time to purge.
Chlorine kills bacteria. It’s light in weight and also easy to use. But it also takes time to work correctly, and sometimes overdose can make the water poisonous.
Followings are the different types of water filters available to ensure pure water for our family:
- Ultraviolet Filters
- Reverse Osmosis
- Infra-Red Filters
- Alkaline Ionizer
- Activated Carbon
Ultraviolet light is safe for humans but is very harmful to microorganisms and viruses. That’s why the Ultraviolet filter is the most reliable and highly innovative substitute for chlorination. The method to purify water in these filters avoids using other chemicals, and hence, it becomes a simple way to reach the goal of a healthy family. It mainly targets water-borne microorganisms that are harmful to health and is efficient enough to kill up to 99.99% of their population. But like any other system, it has pros and cons. Let’s have a look at both to have a mindset of using this technology in a way that possible damages can be avoided as well.
- UV filters is useful for chlorine-resistant microorganisms like E-coli, Cryptosporidium, and even Giardia as well.
- It prevents microorganisms from reproducing which reduces the chances of water to get polluted again
- Ultraviolet filters doesn’t affect water quality and taste as it doesn’t leave any residues
- As it emits no by-products, therefore, very eco-friendly. Most importantly, UV treatment creates no carcinogenic disinfection by-products that could adversely affect the quality of the water
- It’s the most reliable way to purify water as it works 24×7
- It needs only annual maintenance
- It doesn’t work for harmful chemicals like heavy metals and salts etc.
- It requires electricity to operate. An environment having fluctuating electricity will not support this filter to work correctly.
If you have a lousy odor in tap water and doubts that it contains harmful chemicals, then contact Nature’s water LTDhttps://www.natureswater.ie/. We solve Irish water treatment issues with the latest pieces of equipment and safe methods. We provide high-quality water analysis and treatment. Boiling water alone is not enough, so filter water and filter your body from various diseases. We provide the best installation of Distillation and reverse osmosis filtration. Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org